This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Dreft. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Are you a first time mom? Second or third? Chances are you’ve heard of Dreft or used it before. I remember using it with our first son, Big C, and he smelled so good! (I mean he still does, for a 7 year old boy). Now he’s grown up and outside almost everyday when the weather permits and this means his younger brother is outdoors too. They love playing in the backyard but this time of year also means allergens and skin irritants. My kids tend to get eczema patches on their skin which can be very bothersome. Dreft which is hypoallergenic and gentle on baby’s skin has partnered with Pediatrician and mom, Dr. Dyan Hes!
Dr. Hes has the following tips to ensure your baby is protected and comfortable during the spring months:
- Shade the sun: The long awaited spring season means increased outdoor time for parents and their babies. When heading outside, don’t forget to practice appropriate baby skin safety. For babies 6 months or older. If your baby is 6 months or older, liberally use sunscreen. Also, avoid exposing your baby to the sun during peak hours — generally 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — and dress your baby in protective clothing, a hat with a brim and sunglasses. For babies younger than 6 months. If your baby is younger than 6 months, keep him or her out of direct sunlight. Protect your baby from sun exposure by dressing him or her in protective clothing, a hat with a brim and sunglasses.
- Make bath-time beneficial: Over exposure to water can actually rob skin of natural moisture. Scaling back on tub time will help avoid resulting itch — about 10 minutes is plenty of time for water play and a quick scrub. Use warm water (vs. hot) and leave the suds to the very end. Use a mild cleanser to keep skin soft and itch-free. Gently pat skin dry and end with an after-bath moisturizer to seal in moisture and protect baby’s soft skin.
- Load up on liquids: Staying hydrated during the spring months is important as baby gets more active outdoor time and sun exposure. Start with the inside and ensure children get enough to
drink throughout the day. Infants should nurse or take a bottle often; older kids should tote a sippy cup or reusable water bottle. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and smoothies
in your child’s diet too.
- Choose the right fabrics and care for them properly: When it comes to fabrics, it’s extremely important to seek out gentle and hypoallergenic items to care for the items that touch baby’s
sensitive skin. It’s also essential that fabrics be cared for properly. Wash baby’s items with a specially-formulated product such as Dreft, the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians to be gentle and hypoallergenic on baby’s skin. Trusted for over 80 years, Dreft comes with a babyhood scent beloved by moms, and it remains safe and hypoallergenic for baby.
- Protect Problem Skin: Heat is a common trigger for eczema and as the weather warms up, there are a few things you can do to help prevent flare ups of such skin irritations. The sun is strongest between the hours of 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. so try to shield baby from direct sun exposure during those times. There are also apps available that can inform you of the hottest part of the day – which can be helpful for parents as they plan any outings with their little ones!
Join @Dreft and Dr. Hes (@gramercypeds) on May 9th from 9-10pmEST as they host a Twitter Party! Dr. Hes will be sharing her tips to ensure your baby is protected and comfortable during the spring allergy season.
One entrant will be selected by the entry form to win an Dreft Prize Package! (ARV $60) Which includes: Dreft product (Newborn, Active Baby, & Blissfuls) & a gender neutral hypoallergenic blanket. Open for entry in the Continental US, 18 years and older from 04/26/16 thru 05/10/2016 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will have 24 hours to respond to notification email to claim their prize or a new winner will be selected. See Gleam Form for official rules. Hosts & participating bloggers are not responsible for fulfilling prize obligations.
Welcome to the Super Mom giveaway hop event! We’re so excited to bring you fabulous prizes that we think you and your mom, mom-to-be, fur baby mom, and grandma will love! Whoever that special lady is in your life, they are sure to be Super!
Sign up for these TKDI & TMI giveaway hop events too!