With the chilly temperatures outside, most of us are bundled into our winter clothes and snow gear to stay warm. If you have kids, it’s pretty likely that at some time or another you’ve overdressed them to the point where they can’t move. Unfortunately, even with the good intentions of keeping our little ones safe, we might be putting them in more danger by combining winter outerwear and car seats. Ruth from Viva Veltoro has all the information you need from Allana Pinkerton, Certified Child Passenger Safety Instructor and Global Safety Advocate for Diono, to educate yourself about the dangers of your children wearing puffy coats while in their car seats. Make sure you check out her post for a full list of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to winter car seat safety.
Diono wants your little ones to be the safest they can be,
so they’re giving one lucky person a Diono Radian RXT Convertible + Booster Car Seat!
Here’s some information about the Radian RXT from the Diono website:
The Radian®RXT Car Seats are designed with your child’s security and safety as top priorities. Premium materials and thoughtful safety features like a steel alloy frame, aluminum reinforced side walls, energy absorbing EPS foam, and a five-point harness put your mind at ease as your little one stays safe and sound. The reinforced adjustable head support provides additional side impact protection.
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20 – 80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- It also fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- Booster mode from 50 – 120 lbs (40 to 57 inches)
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident condition
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Additional set of harness pads included to use only when the child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable (we do not recommend one with an agitator) and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 10 year life
Also, be sure to check out Viva Veltoro’s review of the Diono Radian RXT and Thrifty Nifty Mommy’s review of the Diono Radian RXT to see these seats in action.
To enter to win a Diono Radian RXT, just use the Giveaway Tools form below.
Open to the US, ages 18 and up. Ends 2/26/16 at 11:59 PM EST.
Disclosure: Viva Veltoro, Thrifty Nifty Mommy, and the participating bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. One winner will be randomly selected using the Giveaway Tools random selector and notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited.