*Disclosure* This post is brought to you by VTech and The Motherhood. I received payment however all opinions are my own.
Don’t let this cute face fool you. He’s sneaky and gets into everything he shouldn’t during the day. At night he’s pretty innocent and gives mom a break by sleeping 10-12 hours like his brother and sister. There are nights that I need to know he’s safe especially when he’s sick. When Miss C. contracted RSV at 18 months it was unnerving and I didn’t have a video monitor at the time. I didn’t really use a monitor with the first two at night since their rooms were close but during the day I did. The Vtech Safe & Sound Video Monitor lets you have eyes everywhere!
Miss C decided she just had to help with this review however we had to do it her way. As you can see she’s in her brother’s crib and the monitor is on the dresser. I assumed I had it angled right but it really didn’t matter since I could adjust it from the parent unit. Easy to set up. Nothing hard to do to get it ready for use in my opinion.
As soon as I went downstairs she got out of the crib and was bouncing on the couch we have upstairs. She knew I was setting up a new monitor however she didn’t realize it was video so she was a little shocked I told her to stop jumping on the couch. Now I had been caught and she knew exactly what the new device was! It tilts up and down and pans up to 270 degrees so not only can I see the baby sleeping I can see the older two if they are upstairs chasing the cat.
I told Miss C that I really did have eyes everywhere and I can always see what she’s doing. Of course she said ‘no you can’t’ and my reply was ‘of course I can’. Well, she said ‘not if I’m doing this!’ And it looks like I can’t see her. Touche. I’m pretty excited to have a video monitor and I’ve had fun testing it out. Additional features are listed below:
- Pan, Tilt, and Zoom: Watch as your little one moves about. The camera pans up to 270 degrees side-to-side and tilts as many as 124 degrees up and down. Need more detail? The camera zooms up to 2x.
- Multiple View Options: System supports viewing of up to 4 total cameras from one parent unit. Viewing modes include single view (one camera only), split view (cycles through cameras on single view before stopping on split view) and patrol mode (single view that transitions to a different camera every 7 seconds).
- High-resolution 2.8-inch color LCD: Never miss a smile with the high-resolution, 2.8-inch color LCD.
- Full-motion video: With up to 25 frames per second, you can see your child’s every move on clear, dynamic video.
- Automatic night vision: Two infrared LEDs and a low-lux camera automatically detect dim light, providing clear video even in dark rooms.
- Talk-back intercom: Sometimes all your baby needs is to hear the sound of your voice. Comfort your infant from any room with the built-in intercom on the portable parent unit.
Learn more about this amazing product and to chat about general baby and child safety tips on Wednesday, February 18 at 1 p.m. ET. Follow the #VTechBaby hashtag to track the conversation. Hosted by @TheMotherhood, @TMChatHost, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
Prizes: During the party, we will be giving away five nursery safety baskets featuring VTech Safe&Sound® Pan & Tilt Full Color Video Baby Monitors to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Prizes limited to U.S. participants only. RSVP Here!
Retweet the invite so your friends and family can join us too!
— The Kids Did It (@the2kidsdidit) February 17, 2015