“This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
I recently had a great time demonstrating the how Cascade Platinum can make the dishes come clean in an at home party that was super fun. My guests had a great time helping me unload the dishwasher. Hey, I never said they wouldn’t have to do some housework! I am a busy mom of three after all.
First up? Making my guests mac & cheese and brownies. (Not the special kind either) Then demonstrating how they can skip the pre-wash with Cascade Platinum. What? No soaking…heavenly. I need ease in my life and I know my friends and family do too! You can see we had a lot of fun making our brownies the day before.
We left the pan of brownies to sit overnight (at least) and then tested the cleaning power of Cascade Platinum at the party. After a little over an hour the dishes were done and the pan was spotless. No gunk or goo left and I had guests that were impressed.
Cascade wants you to skip the pre-wash. This is a key step for success in the dishwashing process, and just about everyone gets it wrong! Here’s why you need to skip the pre-wash: Cascade Platinum works best when food soil is left on dishes because its special enzymes latch onto that food, breaking it down so it can wash away. If there’s no food soil, there’s nothing for the enzymes to attach to and your detergent isn’t working its hardest for you.
- Stack your dishes high and low but please be sure that bulky items DO NOT block the sprayer.
- Place tall dishes and pans in the back of the bottom rack so they DO NOT block the detergent chamber.
- Place glasses and other fragile items in the top rack. This helps keep them from the powerful sprayer under the bottom rack.
- Set glasses between tines on the rack NOT over them as wet contact points can cause spots.
- Thread any long utensils through coffee-mug handles to help keep them secure in the wash.
- Check to ensure that there aren’t any stray utensils that will block the nozzle or sprayer.
- And a special call out for any big dishes: load them on the bottom rack, face down so the water is sure to reach all the nooks and crannies.
A happy guest leaving the party with a package of Cascade Platinum and Cascade rinse aid to try at home!
Have an opinion to share? Head to the Cascade website to leave a short review of Cascade Platinum (http://www.cascadeclean.com/
One reader will be randomly chosen to win a Cascade Prize Package as seen above (ARV $30) Open to Continental US residents only who are 18 or older. Begins on 09/05/2014 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on 09/20/2014 at 11:59 pm EST. Void where prohibited. The Kids Did It is NOT responsible for prize fulfillment if a sponsor fails to ship prize. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. Post and or Rafflecopter may contain affiliate links.