*DISCLAIMER* I received the items in this post for review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
We were recently asked to review a new subscription box service called Ivy Kids. These kits are monthly education boxes for children ages 3-8. The goal of Ivy Kids is to let your kids have a more meaningful learning experience when given monthly tools and resources to their parents. Games and activities can be modified for different levels of learning and children’s ages.
Opening the Ivy Kids boxes I had no idea what to expect…other than your typical subscription boxes with a few items thrown in that you may or may not need to use or activities that really don’t spark your interest. Those expecatations flew out the door as soon as I saw the unique personalization on the boxes. Upon opening them the kids noticed the awesome doorknob hangers with thier names (spelled correctly) and were very excited to hang them in their rooms.
My kids were also excited to see the book Jump, Frog, Jump which we own and have read numerous times. They were both interested to see how to incorporate each activity with the book and frogs. They wanted to open all of the bags but we chose just a few for review on this day.
They really enjoyed the story sticks. They could actually recite the story to me since we’ve read it so much but it was fun putting animation to the story. Cal had to line them up and then chose which sticks he would use and which to give to his sister. They had a lot of fun telling mom the story on their own and then I read it back to them. They were excited that they remembered so much of the story by themselves!
Caet also wanted to try the Lily Pad Line Jump and concentrated on putting the lily pads in numerical order then hopping like a frog. Big brother came along and decided to practice making numbers with his sister so he would ask her a number and she would (try) come up with it then hop on the pads.
What else should you know about Ivy Kits?
- Fun and engaging educational activities are developed by certified early childhood teachers.
- A monthly book is selected based upon its success as a learning tool in the classroom.
- Unique games and projects are based upon the monthly story and characters.
- Each kit is packed with games, materials, and projects that can be played for years to come.
- Ivy Kit activities can be modified based on your child’s age and development.
- We design each kit to build early foundational skills in math, science, and literacy.
- Everything that you need to play is included in the kit.
- Games can be played with more than one child.
- Our materials and activities are similar to those found in high quality early education settings.
- Each activity contains a detailed instructional guide with questions to scaffold learning.
- Our activities meet the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- All our activities have been tested and enjoyed by children.
Order before June 22nd & receive:
$5 off a Monthly subscription,
$5 off a 3-Month subscription or
$10 off a 6-Month subscription