This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
We love to have dessert in our house but I do not like giving my kids added sugars. My son is hyperactive so we really try to limit his sweets intake. Honestly. We don’t buy juice except for orange juice so they get milk or water and we don’t have fruit snacks except for rare occasions when I get a super deal at the grocery store. I cringe when he goes to a friends house to play because he always ends up eating popsicles and fruit rolls ups. I found these no bake peanut butter bars on Six Sisters Stuff and thought they’d be a great homemade treat when we wanted something sweet or great dessert to take with us when we were in need of a dish for a family function.
- 1 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar blend
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Combine the first three ingredients into a saucepan or microwave safe dish. I heated on High for 30 second intervals in the microwave. Add the crushed Corn Flakes once the peanut butter mixture is combined. Stir thoroughly then pour in to a 9×9 greased baking dish. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 second intervals. Once melted, pour on top of Corn Flake mixture. Refrigerate for a few hours for bars to set. Cut and enjoy!
You can visit the Splenda website and find fabulous recipes to adapt too!