*DISCLAIMER* I received the items in this post for review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. Milton’s is not associated with any of the recipes that are in this post.
Milton’s Craft Bakers has the best crackers for dipping or even for cheese and crackers. I received 5 of their flavors in a decorative festive box. Let’s just say I couldn’t wait to prepare some dip to go along side these delicious crackers! I will be providing two recipes (with their appropriate recipe authors of course) that you can prepare for any occasion or even if there is no occasion at all! These crackers are perfect for just snacking on or even using in recipes that require them. Milton’s Craft Bakers provides many other items for eating such as bread, meals as well as snack and gourmet crackers.
Just snacking on the crackers is plenty good enough but I figured making a few dips to take to my in-law’s for New Years Eve would be excellent. There was plenty to go around and each cracker flavor fit well with each individual dip. The following flavors are what I received and a little snippet of how they tasted.
- Original Multi-Grain: The perfect grain cracker. If you enjoy multi-grain then this is the one for you. Each bite is filled with full grain flavor with the sweet underlying hint of the cracker.
- Roasted Garlic and Herb: Sweet with the delicious taste of garlic and bits of herb. The garlic is not too much and almost makes you crave more after the first bite.
- Crispy Sea Salt: This one is not too overpowering with the salt. It’s got the perfect amount of sea salt with that special crunch of the cracker in each bite.
- Everything: I always get a sub roll with everything on it and this cracker reminds me of that. This has a very bold flavor to it with many different tastes that are hard to describe. If you like a bold flavor on your cracker then try this one out.
- Whole Wheat Sesame: Whole wheat is obviously good for you so why not try this one? It’s got the perfect blend of sesame seeds with the whole wheat taste of the cracker.
I made FRANK’S Redhot Buffablo Chicken Dip which you can find on their website. I distributed my favorite cheddar cheese in place of the blue cheese crumbles. They can be expensive where I live and the shredded cheese is much less expensive and still just as tasty! I also used canned chicken instead of fresh chicken which they give an option to do that in the tips area. Milton’s Craft Bakers Everything crackers go very well with this dip or you can even use their Garlic & Herb which also is just as yummy.
I also made a yummy Baked Ricotta dip that I found on Chow.com. This dip goes very well with any of Milton’s crackers. If you must have a favorite then try the Whole Wheat Sesame or even the Everything flavor.
Both of these dips are very easy to make. I made them for New Years Eve and they were a huge hit among the family. The crackers were practically all eaten up and a huge hit. If I plan on serving or entertaining guests these crackers will definitely be placed out on a plate for them. Below are some images of me using them with cheese and crackers. This is a perfect alternative if you don’t feel like making dip!
With a nice plate of cheese and pepperoni with a few boxes of Milton’s crackers by your side, how could you go wrong? You couldn’t! If you like to snack on delicious crackers or enjoy serving and entertaining people then a few boxes of Milton’s crackers are ideal for you. The size is perfect and they’re definitely filling. Perfect for entertaining! Milton’s Craft Baker’s has plenty of recipes that you can use for entertaining guests. I just happened to have the above dip recipes on hand at the time. Milton’s recipes are a nice change of pace for those of you who want to try something new!
Follow Milton’s Craft Bakers on social media!
One reader will be randomly chosen to win 5 boxes (all flavors) of Milton’s Craft Baker’s Gourmet Crackers! (ARV $30) Open to US residents only who are 18 or older. Begins 1/14/2014 at 12:01 am EST and ends 1/20/2014 at 11:59 pm EST.