*DISCLAIMER* I received the items in this post for review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
I’m excited to say I have found a new favorite seasoning for my meat. If you’ve ever wanted a seasoning on your chicken wings, beef or anything else, you’ve come across the perfect review and giveaway. Veri Peri carries a few different sauces that will make your mouth water and crave more. If you’re not sure how hot the flavor is going to be, Veri Peri has a small scale on the back of the bottle telling you how hot it really is. I tend to go towards the more mild side where my husband is obsessed with hot flavors.
Veri Peri sauces don’t separate when you cook with it, so it makes great marinade for any kind of meat. I used a couple different flavors to make some chicken wings (those wings were huge!) and I only used about half the bottle to cover about five wings or so. The one flavor I was most excited about was the Garlic, where my husband was more for the Hot and Veri Hot. He actually used the Veri Hot on his wings and baked them separate from mine.
They didn’t take long to cook and the flavor cooked so well on the chicken. It didn’t slide off and it didn’t disappear during the cooking stage. Below are some descriptions of the flavors I received:
- Mild: A little spicy but not too much. It still has some delicious flavoring through the seasoning. Any hotter and I wouldn’t be able to handle it.
- Lemon & Herb: Exactly what it says. This goes great on anything such as chicken or even fish. I tried it on chicken and it’s dripping with a lemon and herb flavor. It leaves you licking your lips every time! Plus the flavor stays on the meat and doesn’t disappear.
- Garlic: Pure garlic. I love this flavor, it’s not too much garlic but there’s enough there. It’s a little salty with a hint of some spice in it but nothing I couldn’t handle. I even put this on my hamburger and let it cook in. Even though it was only on the surface, I could still taste it all the way to the very last bite. Yum!
- Veri Hot: Outrageously hot! My husband took a bite of his chicken wing that this was on and his mouth was on fire. His eyes even watered up. Aside from the heat in the seasoning, he said it had amazing taste and was delicious.
- Hot: Not as hot as the Veri Hot, but close enough. Kind of like a hot sauce but in a seasoning you soak your meats in. We only tried this on chicken wings.
If you don’t have time to pull your hair back into a ponytail while cooking and you don’t want to deal with your hair getting snagged in the necklace that you may be wearing at the time, attach a Calipz on the back of the necklace and save your hair!
In the giveaway, if you choose to enter, you will also be receiving some Calipz! What are Calipz you ask? Have you ever had your necklace snag in the tiny hairs on the back of your neck? Or any of your hair for that matter? Calipz is a plastic piece that you place around the clip of the necklace so it doesn’t catch on your hair. I tried it and I love these little things! Such a neat little invention and useful! They don’t fall off, and they keep my hair protected. I don’t have to take my necklace off and have a chunk of hair in the clip.
Isn’t that awesome? At first it was a very noticeable on the back of my neck but after a while I didn’t even notice it was there. Now I wear it whenever I have a necklace on and my hair hasn’t been pulled since. Everyone who wears necklaces with long hair or even short, should have a pack of these on hand. So useful!
You can purchase Calipz for $14.99 a pack and 1 bottle of Veri Peri for 4.99.
Follow Veri Peri on social media!
Follow Calipz on social media!
One TKDI reader will win 10 bottles of Veri Peri and three packs of Calipz. (ARV $100) Open to US residents only who are 18 or older. Begins 11/01/2013 at 12:01 am EST and ends 12/09/2013 at 11:59 pm EST.