*DISCLAIMER* I received the items in this post for review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
I love cheesecake. I’m so used to the original kind of cheesecake that I haven’t really been the one to try different kinds. Thanks to Smiley360 I was introduced to Alpina Greek Yogurt and given the opportunity to make a delicious almond berry cheesecake. They even provided me with a cute blue Alpina apron, a cake cutter, an oven mitt, a recipe book, some coupon booklets and four coupons so I could prepare myself for baking this cake. I did however forget that it mentioned how to make the crust until I purchased an already made crust at the store. Thankfully I noticed it before I started making the cake, so of course I stuck to the recipe and used almonds and the granola off of the tops of the cups to create the homemade crust.
You better be drooling over the pictures! If not, then.. well I don’t know what to say. This cheesecake is amazing. It’s dripping with delicious strawberry granola flavors. The best part about it is, it’s greek yogurt! I would have never thought that I replaced cream cheese with strawberry greek yogurt. To make it even better the crust is ground honey roasted almonds (almonds were suggested but I had honey roasted almonds on hand) with the granola clusters that came with the yogurt cups. I also had some butter and sugar in it as well. Yum yum, yum! It’s not that pretty when cut apart from the rest of the cheesecake but it sure is delicious! My mouth is watering just writing this review. I’m about to go have another slice. For now though, go check out Alpina’s shop and get ready to make yourself some awesome cheesecakes with their Greek Yogurt Artisan Granola cups! For the recipe of the cake I made above, check out below.
This recipe is directly from Smiley360 and Alpina, this is not my recipe.
- Pie Filling Ingredients
- 4 Alpina Greek Yogurts (pick one of the following flavors: Mango, Peach, Blueberry,
- Strawberry or Plain. Equal to 2 cups)
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional – recommended if using Plain Greek Yogurt with Superfoods granola blend)
- Pie Crust Ingredients
- 4 Artisan Granola domes (taken off yogurt package)
- 1/3 cup of nuts (Which nuts to use? Use the guide below: Superfoods=Walnuts |
- Almond Berry=Almonds | Tropical Chai=Cashews)
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a food processor, chopper or magic bullet, combine the granolas, nuts and sugar.
- Finely chop. Add butter, if desired, and mix evenly throughout the chopped mixture.
- Place into the 10” pie pan and create an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, eggs, salt and sugar (add vanilla if you are using Plain). Blend until smooth. Add cornstarch to mixture and blend again. Pour filling into crust in pie pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool then chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Once cheesecake is cooled, garnish with fruit if desired.