This is my favorite way to prepare fish. I’m not usually a huge fan of fish but I love the “meaty-ness” of salmon! I especially love salmon when it’s prepared with a flavorful sauce. Keeping this in mind, one evening while preparing salmon for dinner I decided to skip the squeeze of lemon and go big by dumping bbq sauce all over it! Thankfully, it turned out really well! This is a dish that my eight year old asks for on a regular basis!
- 1 ½ -2 lbs salmon, cut into individual filets
- 1 18oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (we prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Lay salmon filets on foil, a couple inches apart.
- Brush each filet with bbq sauce until entire top of filet is covered in a thick layer. You probably won’t use up the entire bottle.
- Bake in oven for 20 min (20 minutes per 1” thickness of salmon filet), longer if your salmon is thicker than an inch.
- Serve while warm.