Are you used to using typical pots and pans that scratch and ding and pretty much have the normal wear over time? I have plenty of those stuck in my cupboard that I absolutely hate to use, and although I’m ready for a new set because these are so old, I was lucky to get my hands on a beautiful Ceramcor ceramic 6.5″ skillet. Not only is it packaged almost perfectly, the minute I pulled it out it was easy to tell this was made very well. Heavier than what I am used to holding on to but then again, it’s pure ceramic.
As you can see in the above photo I made my daughter some eggs, and they turned out awesome. The skillet was very easy to clean afterwards. While I did cook the eggs, because I have a gas stove, the middle of the skillet did not heat up like the rest of it, thus leaving the egg in the middle to not cook unless I stirred it quite a bit. After at least 5 minutes it slowly heated all the way through and though the handle did not get too warm, I was careful to use a pot holder to protect myself from getting burned.
Some cool facts about the Ceramcor Xtrema Products:
- Cookware can withstand 2,700 degrees, steel can melt at 2,200 degrees
- Non-scratch, non-toxic, ceramic glaze surface
- High-gloss black finish
- Oven, stove top, broiler, freezer, barbeque grill, micro wave oven, dish washer and dining room table safe
- No trace metals or chemicals leaching from the cooking surface
- Reduces Cooking time and uses less energy, foods stay hotter longer
- Ceramics far infrared cooking enhances the food flavor and the entire cooking experience
- Cooking surface can not be scratched, even by metal utensils and industrial steel wool
This pretty skillet was super easy to clean, aside from the fact that the second time I used it and placed it in the sink, something banged against it (I’m thinking something glass) and caused a small chip on the lip. Other than the chip being there, I have used it several more times and have had absolutely no problems with it. My ceramic skillet still works and now when I clean it, I make sure there is nothing else around to keep it in one piece.
*DISCLAIMER* I may have received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. The above post may also contain affiliate links, if you click on those we may receive money and we thank you!