This is along loved family recipe that we have been making for many years. This Pineapple Cheese Ball is so fresh tasting and will be a huge hit at your Super Bowl party!
- 2 – 8oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 T pimentos, drained
- 1 cup pecans, chopped fine
- additional finely chopped pecans to roll in
- Mix together (I use my hands) everything.
- Roll in additional chopped pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
This can be pretty messy to attempt to roll in pecans, I often just toss some chopped pecans in the bottom of a bowl, drop the cheese ball in the bowl then top with more pecans. You can also mix everything together, chill, then roll in pecans if you want to make a special shape, like a football 🙂 You can use the left over bell pepper for the football laces!