My grandma would make her frozen punch every year around the holidays and everybody loved it. We moved from Oklahoma to Ohio when I was eight-years-old, so we would go visit during the holidays but it’s been a good 15 years since I last had my grandma’s frozen punch. My wonderful and amazing mother decided to make it just like she did with my grandma. This has been a hard holiday season with my grandparents in Heaven so my mom and I wanted to try to make some stuff that she used to make with her momma which made this holiday season a very memorable one. I want to share this one with everybody since it is a very vivid memory of my childhood and absolutely delicious!
- 3-3 oz. packages strawberry gelatin (the small boxes)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1-12 oz can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1-12 oz. can frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1-46 oz can pineapple juice
- 1 gallon water
- 2 quarts ginger ale
- In a large bowl or container dissolve the strawberry gelatin and sugar in the boiling water
- Stir in the lemonade, orange juice, pineapple juice and water
- Freeze for 24 hours (my grandma would stir it every 2 hours even waking up at night to do it but that is not necessary)
- Slightly thaw and “chop” up
- Pour into punch bowl, stir in ginger ale and mix until slushy
I recommend when slightly thawing the punch to use a metal spoon or a knife and chop it up to help it, just be careful.