Us girls at The Kids Did It LOVE to eat! So we’ve decided to post some of our recipes. Or even those we hope to try!
This is one of my all time favorite desserts. A friend’s mother in high school used to make it for me and I recently reconnected with her and was so excited to get this recipe and a few other favorites. Fried ice cream is actually a lot easier than it sounds, AND the ice cream is not fried at all. Be ready for me to make your mouth water!
- Vanilla ice cream (or choose your favorite flavor)
- Cinnamon Graham crackers
- Small flour tortillas (1 per person)
- Cooking oil
- Toppings (caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream….)
- Heat about an inch, maybe a little less of oil in a skillet.
- While the oil is getting hot crush the graham cracker in a mini food processor and place in a bowl.
- Fry tortillas (one at a time) until very very light brown, this goes pretty fast. Remove from skillet and push into a bowl quickly as they get crunchy really fast. They don’t have to be perfect and if you punch a hole in the bottom it is ok!
- After you get shells ready, scoop ice cream into chunks and roll/toss in graham cracker crumbs.
- Place ice cream into the tortilla shells and top with your favorite toppings and whipped cream. Enjoy!